Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Pervs, I have had enough

Next time any creepy boy touches me or looks at me like I am some sort of fast food, I will go medival.
I really will.
In the meantime, I will be teaching 11 year olds about participle phrases.

In other news:
Two guys from my favorite nice-guy band got mugged. Having been a victim of crime myself recently, this broke my heart a little. They seem like such nice boys. Go to their page, www.tallyhall.com to see the picture on their journal. Its so spooky and terrible, bad people are out there and it's slightly disheartening, especially when the bad guys interfere with forces of good, like Tally Hall.

These are the kind of guys who eat dreamcicles, play acoustic sets for underagers who couldn't get in their show, and who give certificates of excellence to people who fix their vans.
That these boys were mugged is an affront to karma.

SO, in an attempt to be a good force in a world wherein evil seems to be slowly closing in, I wrote them this email. (it's not quite like becomine a batman-esque vigilante - something I've considred doing - but hey, if thoughts count, then...)


Dear Guys,
Saw the mugging picture - and I just wanted to say that I, your fan, am so sorry that happened to you! What trauma for you all! Sure, you're just a band from michigan, and I'm just a girl from st. louis that taught rob how to say pineapple in french when you came to Mississippi Nights, but since you've all signed my record cover of your CD and seemed so effusively and unassumingly charming and kind, anyone who mugs Tally Hall mugs me a little.
And that's just not cool.
My thoughts are with you and your black eyes and bruises.
Sincerely,
~Lori


And lastly, a quote from Les Miserables:

"The bishop approached him and said, in a low voice, ‘Do not forget, ever, that you have promised me to use this silver to become an honest man.’ Jean Valjean, who had no recollection of any such promise, stood dumbfounded. The bishop had stressed these words as he spoke them. He continued solemnly, ‘Jean Valjean, my brother, you no longer belong to evil, but to good. It is your soul I am buying for you. I withdraw it from dark thoughts and from the spirit of perdition, and I give it to God!'"

No comments:

Lijit Search

MRV Girl
Creative Commons .
Go crazy, people - but be kind. :)