Monday, July 23, 2007

Sock hop

Just got back from Hairspray the Movie -- it was super joyous and wonderful, James Marsden was a dream, and I won't argue, post-viewing, I plan use more hairspray (lookout, people behind me). Still, it made me wish that St. Louis had Motormouth Maybelle who'd spin records at her record store, thus offering me a better place for me to boogie.

I'm all about local live music, but I just can't shake my tail feather to screamcore punk power pop whatever (though I don't deny that there are those that can). There's gotta be somewhere.

There used to be a fair crowd of swing dancers, but I think they got in some fight or something that I missed out on b/c I was like, being 17 at the time, and I don't know.

I'll try my best NOT to be all talk and no walk in the pursuit of my dream.

1 comment:

H. Alan Scott said...

Per our previous conversation, and having thought more at length about what we discussed, I've come to the conclusion that yes, I do need to fall in love with a black man that can dance. I'm going to bring a new meaning to the movie "Guess Whose Coming to Dinner."

Glad the old blog is back in all it's glory, let it shine honey, let it shine!

Lijit Search

MRV Girl
Creative Commons .
Go crazy, people - but be kind. :)