Sunday, August 12, 2007

It's the process...

...that's important - an old band teacher of mine would always say.

I was just reading Guy Kawasaki's take on blogging/changing the world, etc....and he helped me to realize that I oughta blog a little more about my job hunting process.

And what a process it is! I'm learning more about myself, life and the value of just being patient. I may sound a bit plastic right now, but just give me time and my voice will come back. You'll know!

So I've been on the job hunt. I love doing copywriting and new media strategy (fancy way of saying I work on their myspace page and overall internet presence) at TestimoBoutique.com. The clothes are cool, I dig my boss, I have a lot of freedom -- and while I anticipate working with testimo in some way for a loooong time whatever happens, it's time to kick it up some notches.

I've had some great moments with adclubstlouis.org, stlrecruiter.com and and also from checking out different StL bloggers blogrolls. If I'm in any stage in my life to advise anyone about anything, I would advise anyone to visit every single link on your favorite blogger's roll. Such treasures await you!

So, I'm in St. Louis, and I want to stay here for a while. Why? I believe it's possible to have, and contribute to creating a vibrant, imaginative and profitably bohemian 20 something life for yourself and others in a city like this. I didn't go to an Ivy League school to become a robot in a NYC factory, I went to give back. I just hope I can give back now - not be forced to move to a more obviously vibrant town to return here at 35, as is the fate of so many. I'm going to try my best for as long as I can take it.




1 comment:

H. Alan Scott said...

Have faith in the process, that's a great way to look at things.

"...I would advise anyone to visit every single link on your favorite blogger's roll. Such treasures await you!" SO TRUE!

The moment you decide to open your Speakeasy, give me a call, I want to invest!

Lijit Search

MRV Girl
Creative Commons .
Go crazy, people - but be kind. :)