Saturday, November 03, 2007

Dixieland and Dancin'

I forgot how much I love Dixieland music.

What was especially cool -- this band played back in the Gaslight Square days, so they were all awesomely aged and so cool! They also were very appreciative of the dancers that came out. Music and dance - they go together! The music was just so joyful, we brought fried chicken, we ate it, and if I ever described an evening as "merry" I would so pin that tail on this donkey.




Recognize the song? Well, its the end so you probably wouldn't...but I'll tell ya.
Its the St. Louis Blues! Represent!

Val and I had a little Charleston-off, even bad dancers were dancing gleefully and with abandon...it was glorious. I almost caught the vibe of those old supper clubs (like the one in white christmas, wow) that I really wish I could've/could go to.




You know what I'm talkin' bout.


I don't see how anyone can be snooty about Joes...it's just great.

No comments:

Lijit Search

MRV Girl
Creative Commons .
Go crazy, people - but be kind. :)