Sunday, November 16, 2008

Letterpressing

I am so glad my pal Audra (link to come, she's starting a design blog soon) talked me into taking a letterpress class with her down at the Firecracker press. She really had to pull my leg. And it is so fun! Seriously, it is so fun and the space just has such warmth and life. For real! (also, my mom used to work on similar printing press equipment when she laid out the Tupelo Mississippi Sun News newspaper back in the 70s, so its also totally a family bonding moment)

So here's a preview of my poster project....
my poster!

Don't you love that red? Props to Jen the teacher for her help mixing it.

I'm really excited about the project, mostly b/c it is beautiful in so many ways aaaand I get to move blocks around, something I think is like way fun, but also it's going to be a part of a larger project I've been working on (with audra...whoa, universe synergy) and I am so excited to finally get going on it. Making this poster project is really inspiring me to move other parts of this idea into real life. The power of doing something creative. Think about it.

You will like it. I will tell you about it soon!

No comments:

Lijit Search

MRV Girl
Creative Commons .
Go crazy, people - but be kind. :)