Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Brainy people need dance lessons

I've been saying it all along!

Someone agrees.
I didn't think it was a secret that "creativity" or whatever that may mean - is where it's at.

I ended up a pretty creative kid - due mostly to the Judester (aka Mom) and to a public school system that really kicked it with the arts (specifically music, dance, drama). Thanks also to the strength of people around me, I'm still creative, and pretty stoked to be able to use a large % of it for the rest of my life.

I thought I'd be really bored watching this long video, but it really got interesting and relevant. Lots of juicy stuff about the different value of a university degree, creativity's role in the world, etc.... I'm listening to it right now and its good stuff!

The dude talking here had me at when he suggested that schools ought to put dance at the same level as say, music. Dance is so important! I just met this gal yesterday and we lamented how we couldn't find a dance class for someone over the age of 18 -- one that goes class by class for grown up schedules. I guess I'll have to do it myself! That's ok, I'll find a way and add it to the list.

Ok, I could go on and on, and I'm listening to it right now and its just blowing my mind. These things are important things.

1 comment:

blythe said...

Lo -- Have you looked at the colleges in the StL? UT in the ATX has informal classes where you can learn all KINDS of dance, no partner needed. Maybe there's something similar at SLU or WashU or even Fontbonne? I know Meaghan and I took swing classes with grown-ups through something or other.

Lijit Search

MRV Girl
Creative Commons .
Go crazy, people - but be kind. :)