Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"a nuclear WESSEL!"

I heard that , and I knew...It's the WHALE ONE! Who doesn't love spock swimmin' with the whales who like, talk to outer space?!?

Mamma surely educated me better in the school of Star Trek, but I just got really excited b/c hey, its the whale one. The one we all know, remember and love. Added bonus - Captain Kirk's love affair with the mom from 7th heaven.

In other news, the new Amy Winehouse+Mark Ronson video just came out. Aside from the crazy abdomens, these ladies look cute! And look at Mark's hair - I am lovin' the JFK side part.



UPDATE: durrr, the video embed is down, but go here to watch it!

Mark's got the right idea, and the right ladies to back him up, fo' sho. I would also totally go to that club. This 60's retro formal funky lighthearted dark aesthetic that Mark+Lilly+Amy have been brave enough to adopt is nothing short of awesome. I have my theories, and like to ponder about brits being able to more easily move into and appropriate american soul music genres than actual americans can/do/try...does this make sense to you? Think about the beatles and chuck berry -- would any group of white teenagers in the US dared to touch that stuff?

Maybe. Maybe brits get more exposure. Maybe it's all just cool and colorful and great.

No comments:

Lijit Search

MRV Girl
Creative Commons .
Go crazy, people - but be kind. :)